The Monday before Thanksgiving, the bridge on the 400-block of S. Main Street will be closed to traffic, inviting strangers and friends to gather and share a potluck meal in the middle of the street at one long table. There are no fees, no expectations, and no agenda – just an open invitation to all.
Please join us
WHAT: GRATEFULL GVL – First annual city-wide potluck meal, free and open to the public
WHY: To bring all socio-economic, ethnic and cultural segments of our community together to share a meal and a conversation
WHEN: Monday, November 25th from 11:30 AM -1:30 PM
WHERE: At one long table over the Main Street bridge (between Broad and Falls Park Streets)
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
1) Join us for lunch;
2) Bring a dish to share;
3) Buy lunch for a friend /”Pay it forward” for $25;
4) Buy a 2019 Grateful! t-shirt for $20 Visit the website: gratefullgvl.com
1) By Bus – Greenlink is providing free transportation between 10:00 AM -2:00 PM from all 12 Greenville bus routes to the transfer station on McBee Street. Shuttles from McBee to the event will be provided for anyone needing assistance.
2) By Car – downtown parking maps – see website for drivers’ information.
3) By Organizations’ Van or Bus – bring interested members of your community to the event.
Save the date, help spread the word and pian to join us as we come together to feed our neighbors and our souls and to express our gratefulness for diversity, inclusion and a shared meal!